Day 7 of Blogentine’s Day.
Taylor Swift is the queen of love and break-up songs, so I thought the Taylor Swift book tag would be the perfect addition to Blogentine’s Day! Here are my answers to the Taylor Swift Book tag:
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together: Pick a book (or book series) that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with
I remember reading Divergent in one day and being so excited for the release of Insurgent. By the time Allegiant came out, I pre-ordered the book, but became too preoccupied to read it. When the trailer for the movie came out and knowing there was a major spoiler, I decided to read the book before I heard the spoiler. I read Allegiant in one day and very few books have made me so mad. Check out my review here.
- Red: Pick a book with a red cover
Even though Allegiant has a red cover, I first thought of Catching Fire when reading over this tag. I love Catching Fire because my favorite Hunger Games character, Finnick, was introduced in this book.
- The Best Day: Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic
Whenever I think of myself reading as I child, I for some reason think of this book.
- Love Story: Pick a book with forbidden love
The Fifth Wave does have a love triangle, but one of the love interests definitely fits the forbidden category. The Fifth Wave isn’t my favorite book with forbidden love, but with the recent movie buzz, it is the first one that came to my mind.
- Innocent: Pick a book that someone ruined the ending for
No book, not even Allegiant which I read a long time after it came out, was spoiled for me. Usually, I’m the one who accidentally spoils a book or movie for someone else.
- Everything has Changed: Pick a character from a book that goes through extensive character development
Princess Mia goes from an awkward high school student to a leader of a country. Over the entire Princess Diaries, you get to see Mia become more confident and take control of her life.
- You Belong with Me: Pick your most anticipated book release
I’m still anticipating this release! I love all of her books and I’m sure this one will be no exception.
- Forever and Always: Pick your favorite book couple
I can’t choose one! I love Annabel Greene and Owen Armstrong from Just Listen because I feel like they compliment each other very well and bring out the best in each other. Lola and Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next door are also one of my favorites because I love how they accept each other’s quirks and always support each other.
- Come Back, Be Here: Pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much.
I actually lost this book for a little while and I was so sad because I kept wanting to reread it. I actually bought a new copy (and found my old one). I’d still be scared to lend it out in case I would lose my other copy again!
What Taylor Swift song describes your favorite book?