Day 9 of Blogentine’s Day.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.This week’s theme is Valentine’s Day! I decided to do my top 10 Valentine’s Day reads.
Since I have so many favorite romance books, I decided to narrow it down to short romance books published by HarperTeen. These books are quick, easy to read, and are the perfect feel-good Valentine’s Day reads. For my top ten, I’m going to do it a little differently and count down the twelve HarperTeen books that I’ve read from my least favorite to favorite. Here’s my list:
12. and 11. Island Girls (and Boys) by Rachel Hawthorne and Killer Cruise by Jennifer Shaw
These two would have to be least favorite. I remember enjoying their stories the least and I never really loved any of the characters.
10. Lovestruck Summer by Melissa C. Walker
I did enjoy reading this book, but it doesn’t have one of my favorite couples and I enjoy other stories more than this one. The music touches in this book are great though!
9. Snow Queen by Emma Harrison
I love the whole crazy beauty pageant idea, but sometimes the book gets a little too over-dramatic.
8. and 7. Picture Perfect by Catherine Clark and So Inn Love by Catherine Clark
I love the Outer Banks, so that is a definitely plus for Picture Perfect! Both these stories are fun, summer reads. However, the adorable romances are perfect for any time of year!
6. Snow in Love by Claire Ray
I love the setting of this book and the fashion involved! The strong friendship in this book is also a plus.
5. Summer in the City by Elizabeth Chandler
This is one of the longer HarperTeen books, but the fun story makes it go by quickly. I love the Baltimore setting and integration of sports.
4. and 3. Save the Date by Tamara Summers and Love on the Lifts by Rachel Hawthorne
The couples in these books are great! Wedding stories like in Save the Date are always fun and hilarious and any book set in a ski town always makes for a cute book to read by the fireplace.
2. Thrill Ride by Rachel Hawthorne
Who hasn’t thought about working at a theme park for the summer? The relationship in this book is one of my favorites and the minor characters all have unique personalities.
1. The Boyfriend League by Rachel Hawthorne
Baseball players. That’s all I have to say.
What book will you be reading on Valentine’s Day?