Recently, I went to two Goodwills, a local thrift store, Dollar Tree, and Target’s dollar section to find some cheap books and other literary finds!
From Goodwill #1:
- The 100th Day of School by Angela Shelf Medearis
I was excited to find this book because it will be the perfect book to read on the 100th day of school whenever I am a teacher!
- Amelia Bedelia, Bookworm by Herman Parish
- Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae and David Wojtowycz
- Rhinoceros Tap by Adam Bryant and Sandra Boynton
I think this will be a great book to help me incorporate music into the classroom, especially because the CD was still in the book. There’s also music for one of my favorite Sandra Boynton books, Barnyard Dance.
- Fancy Nancy: Halloween… or Bust! based on the creation of Jane O’Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
I taught a unit plan on this book, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.
- Happy Halloween, Biscuit! by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
Biscuit is one of my favorites, so I always pick up a Biscuit book when I see it!
- Pledge of Allegiance (Special Commemorative Classroom Edition)
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
- The Bad Beginning (Book One)
- The Reptile Room (Book Two)
- The Wide Window (Book Three)
- The Slippery Slope (Book Ten)
Since the Netflix series will be coming out at the end of the summer, I wanted to reread some of the books before it came out. It made me excited to find these books for so cheap at the thrift store!
From Goodwill #2:
Judy Moody series by Megan McDonald
- Judy Moody was in a Mood (Book One)
- Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Book Two)
- Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer (Book Ten)
- Judy Moody’s Mini-Mysteries and Other Sneaky Stuff for Super Sleuths
I love Judy Moody books, so I was glad to find some more! I realized I actually hauled one of these in my previous haul, but that just means I’ll have two copies for my classroom.
A Series of Unfortunate Events
- The Miserable Mill (Book Four)
- The Austere Academy (Book Five)
- The Ersatz Elevator (Book Six)
Since I found the first three books at the other Goodwill I went to, it made me so happy to find the next three books in the series at another Goodwill!
From a local thrift store:
- Midnight on the Moon by Mary Pope Osborne
I used to have A TON of Magic Tree House books, but I ended up selling them all once I got older (what was I thinking?). Since I’m going to be an elementary teacher someday, I decided to stock up again!
From Dollar Tree:
- Jessica Darling’s It List by Megan McCafferty
I haven’t read the Jessica Darling series (yet), but I’m hoping this prequel will be a good introduction to the series.
- Clara Lee and the Apple Pie Dream by Jenny Han
I picked up this book after my sister told me how much she loved Jenny Han’s writing. I’ve never heard of this book, but it looks really cute!
Target’s Dollar Section:
4 Dr. Seuss posters (see below)
I love Dr. Seuss and I hope that I can incorporate these posters into my future classroom!
What are some books that you’ve thrifted lately?