Thank you to Zainab at TeenBookLit101 for nominating me!
- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions assigned to you.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award.
- Ask 10 questions to your nominees.
- What is the meaning behind your blog name?
One day, I was thinking of different names that I could use for a blog even though I had no idea what I wanted to blog about. I was thinking of different fairy tales names and tried to think of a play off of Beauty and the Beast. When I decided to make a book blog, I thought this name could still work since Belle loved to read.
- Where do you like to shop most for books and why?
I love going to thrift stores and library sales to find my books. For all my reasons why, check out this past Top Ten Tuesday.
- What is your fave book genre?
Contemporary! If you look through my books reviews, most of the books fall into this category. I love finding characters and situations that I relate to in books. Of course you can do this in another genres, but for me, it’s easier to see in contemporary books.
- Tea/Coffee or Hot Choco?
I actually really don’t like hot drinks, but if I had to choose, then I would pick hot chocolate (with marshmallows, of course!).
- Are you a morning person?
I’m definitely a morning person–I usually wake up an hour or two earlier than I plan! Also, all of my friends make fun of me for being a grandma since I usually go to bed early.
- Besides from reading, what do you do in your spare time?
Recently in my spare time, I needed to study for my teaching certification tests (thankfully, I passed!). Since I haven’t been studying anymore, I have no idea what to do with my free time! I guess if I’m not reading, usually I’m shopping or watching something on television or Netflix.
- What mode of transport do you use?
I have my license, so I guess a car even though I really don’t like driving. I got my license over two years ago and I’ve only driven two blocks since! I wouldn’t even have my license if my parents didn’t force me to take my driving test before my permit expired.
- Name one author you aspire to be like?
One author that I aspire to be like is Sarah Dessen. Not only is she a great writer, but I think she’s a great role model who has used her writing to touch the lives of many readers.
- What book would you like to be turned into a movie?
One book that I would love to see turn into a movie is Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. I think this would be such a fun movie and I always pictured Brec Bassinger from Bella and the Bulldogs as the protagonist.
- Which books are you anticipating a lot to be released or to read?
A book that I’m really anticipating to read is Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. I love all of her books, so I’m sure this one won’t disappoint!
Facts about me:
I think there’s a Top Ten Tuesday coming up on this topic, so I’ll just save my facts for then!
Hilary @ SongsWroteMyStory
Syc @ The Lit Mermaid
Lindsey @ A Piece of Paradis
Jenn, Caitlynn, and Eden at Thrice Read
Sorry if you’ve already done this!
Questions for my nominees:
- What was the last movie you saw in theaters and did you like it?
- What’s your favorite vacation?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you have a nickname? What is it?
- Name three items you would take on a deserted island.
- Do you have any pets?
- If you could join any music group (past or present) who would you join and why?
- Are you a clean or messy person?
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
- Name two pet peeves.
(questions from signupgenius.com)