Recently, I visited a few local thrift stores and Goodwills to find some good deals on some great books. Here’s what I found:
- Twelve by Lauren Myracle
I remember seeing this series in stores and wanting to read them. I glad that I’m starting to find them in thrift stores so I can read them now!
- The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love, and Cupcakes by Sheryl Berk and Carrie Berk
I read the first few books in a similar series, The Cupcake Diaries, and was extremely disappointed because I love cupcakes! Hopefully, this series will leave a better taste in my mouth.
- Dear Dumb Diary: Am I the Princess or the Frog? by Jim Benton
I also remember seeing these books in stores and always wanting to read them. I saw the Dear Dumb Diary movie and thought it was HILARIOUS, so hopefully I love the books just as much.
- Alice: Starting with Alice by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle
I love Eric Carle books and they are perfect additions to my future classroom library.
- Sandy Seal: A Tale of Sea Dogs by Suzanne Tate
- Mary Manatee: A Tale of Sea Cows by Suzanne Tate
- Sir Cumference and the First Round Table by Cindy Neuschwander
I remember doing a sample lesson plan on this book for my math methods class two years ago. I couldn’t pass this one up when I saw it in the thrift store!
- Christmas in the Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2: The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
I loved the first Percy Jackson book, so I can’t wait to see how his next adventure plays out!
- Amelia Bedelia First Day of School by Herman Parish
- American Sisters: Crossing the Colorado Rockies by Laurie Lawlor
- If you Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Numeroff
I LOVE Laura Numeroff’s books and dogs, so I’m glad I found a copy of this book in such good condition!
- The Story of Babar by Jean de Brunhoff
What deals have you gotten on books recently?