- Part One: Picture Books, Part One
- Part Two: Picture Books, Part Two
- Part Three: Early Chapter Books
- Part Four: Middle Grade Books
- Part Five: Young Adult Books and Miscellaneous
- Part Six: Books in a Series
Over the past six weeks, I’ve talked about all the books I scored at my library’s annual sale. This week, I’m going to switch it up and talk about the books that my sister found. During the library book sale, my sister primarily searches for young adult and adults books. Usually, she finds great deals on new releases and pricey hardcover books. Here’s what she found:
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I’ve seen The Maze Runner movie and definitely have a lot of questions after watching it. I’m hoping that I’ll understand it better once I read the book, but I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews about this series.
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I feel like Cassandra Clare is one of the bigger YA authors out there right now and I’ve never read a book by her! Now that my sister owns a copy of the first book in The Mortal Instruments series, hopefully I can enjoy her books like so many other people!
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
I’ve always wanted to read Number the Stars, but I’ve never picked it up so I’m glad that my sister found a copy at the library book sale. I know so many people love this book, so I’m very excited to read it.
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
This is another book that I feel everyone reads when they’re younger, but I never got around to reading! Luckily, it’s always easy to find these types of books at library sales!
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- Bounce by Natasha Friend
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
This was definitely the #1 book people were looking for at the library book sale… and my sister found it! Not only is this book in perfect condition, but it’s a newer release and a great find at the book sale.
- Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
- The Sweet Far Thing Libba Bray
I read Beauty Queen by Libba Bray, but wasn’t a huge fan. However, I’ve heard a lot of positive reviews from close friends of this series, so I definitely plan on giving it a try.
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
My sister and I love these books by Barbara Robinson, so I’m happy that she finally found one of her books to add to her own book collection!
- Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Debs by Susan Bride
- Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steigg Larsson
- The Girl who Played with Fire by Steigg Larsson
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
I remember seeing the trailers for the Memoirs of a Geisha movie when I was younger. Since I’ve never seen the movie, it will be cool to read the book before I watch it!
- The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker
What book deals have you scored recently? Stay tuned for next week to see my final post for this year’s annual book sale!