Love is in this air this Blogentine’s Day with the Rip It or Ship It Book Tag. Originally created by Emma at emmmabooks (see her video here), this book tag takes characters from different books and judges whether or not they cute be a cute couple/friends or not so much. Here are my answers:
- Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and Nesta from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Since Thorne drives Cinder nuts in the Lunar Chronicles, I can only imagine how Nesta would respond. Honestly, I don’t think Thorne would make it out alive! Since Thorne is one of my favorite characters from The Lunar Chronicles, I’m going to have to rip it.
- Cress from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and Cassian from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Even though I like Nesta’s fiery personality with Cassian, I can see Cress having a crush on Cassian. Like Thorne, he’s very confident with the ladies and is willing to sacrifice himself for his friends. I ship it!
- Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and Matthias from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Well, for this one, it depends if I think of Six of Crows Matthias or Crooked Kingdom Matthias. I definitely think Six of Crows Matthias would be too judgmental to even see Cinder as human. However, I think Crooked Kingdom Matthias could be friendly towards Cinder. I still can’t ever see them as a couple though. I rip this one.
- Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and Kai from The Lunar Chronicles
Hm… I think Feyre and Kai could definitely get along. They both make good leaders, but also have a dash of sass in them. Even though Feyre tends to like guys in power positions, I can only see her as being friends with Kai. I ship them as friends, but not as significant others.
- Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins and Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
I can’t exactly pinpoint why, but I just can’t see this at all. Even though Lola definitely has an artistic streak like Feyre and is into bad boys (at least at the beginning of the book), I can’t see her Rhysand together. I’m going to rip this one.
What couples do you rip or ship?