Thanks for nominating me Books, Life, and Other Oddities!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules.
- What is your current read?
Right now, I am reading Sadie by Courtney Summers. I’m not typically interested in mysteries/thrillers, but I have heard nothing but good reviews about this book, so I decided to pick it up! I’m not very far in, but I think the podcast concept is interesting and very relevant.
- How many books have you read this year so far?
I have read seven books so far: Snow in Love by various YA authors, Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills, The Wicked King by Holly Black, Eleanor Oliphant in Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang, 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne, and Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss by Kasie West.
- What’s your favorite read of 2018?
It’s so hard to pick just one! The top five books in my annual Brittany Awards were Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West, The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord, Save the Date by Morgan Matson, Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian, and How to Say I Love You Out Loud by Karole Cozzo.
- What’s your most anticipated read of 2019?
My most anticipated read of 2019 if The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen. Her books were a staple during my middle school/high school years and she’s the author of my favorite young adult novel, Just Listen. This book sounds like classic Sarah Dessen compared to her more recent releases, so I’m very excited to pick this one up!
- Do you read with music or read silently?
I cannot read with music! It’s too difficult for me to follow along and concentrate on the book I’m reading.
- Long books or short books?
I like books in the middle! A lot of times, I’ve found that long books have a lot of unnecessary parts. Meanwhile, books that are short often leave me feeling unsatisfied. However, there are always exceptions!
- What’s your favorite spot to read?
I like to read on the couch or in my bed!
- What’s your favorite type of cake?
Everyone makes fun of me for this, but I really, really love carrot cake! However, I mostly get cookie cakes for my birthday (does that really count as cake?) because I have a twin sister. Since we share a birthday, we share a cake and cookie cake is something we can both agree on.
- Do you pronounce scones as ‘skuns’ or ‘scowns’?
It rhymes with tone the way that I say it!
- Favourite mythical creature?
My favorite mythical creature is a unicorn! This is widely known by friends and family who always put my presents in unicorn bags, get me unicorn presents, or make group chats that make me the unicorn emoji in the title.
- What would be your dream job?
Currently, I am working in my dream job! I’ve wanted to be a teacher since I was in elementary school. Now, I am an elementary special education teacher.
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- What is your favorite television show or Netflix show?
- What was your most recent five star read?
- What was the most recent movie you watched?
- What genre do you hope to read more from in 2019?
- What kind of music do you like?
- How many books do you want to read in 2019?
- Where is one place you would like to visit?
- What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- Emma from The Bookworm Girl
- Hâf from The Library Looter
- Jenaca from JenAcideByBibliophile
- Jane from Greenish Bookshelf
- Reading in Bed
- Molly from Cover to Cover Cafe
- Shannon from Media Shadow Reads
- Cali’s Book Camp
- Captivated by Fantasy
- Kristina from The Pink Bibliophile
- Nocturnal Book-a-holic
Follow me on…