Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s theme is places in books that you would love to visit. Here are my choices:
- Colby Beach from multiple Sarah Dessen novels
Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite young adult authors and Colby Beach is a staple location in many of her books. I would love to shop at Clementine’s, pick up some snacks, or eat the legendary onion rings and pie.
- Meade Creamery from Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian
Meade Creamery not only has amazing ice cream, but boasts a long history of a female-run business. I would love to show my support for Meade’s Creamy by purchasing some delicious ice cream!
- Velaris from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Who wouldn’t want to visit the City of Starlight? I would love to visit this city to see some of my favorite characters.
- The Rampion from Cress by Marissa Meyer
Thorne is one of my favorite characters from The Lunar Chronicles, so I would love to chance to travel on his ship.
- Court of Faerie from The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
I would not want to necessarily visit the Court of Faerie. However, I would love to be a fly on the wall to learn all the secrets about the people inside.
- France from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
After reading this book, I wanted nothing more than to go to a boarding school in France. Perkins included a lot of descriptions about places and food that I couldn’t help but wish to travel there!
- Ireland from Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
Jenna Evans Welch does an amazing job describing scenery and this book was no exception. I felt like I was in Ireland while reading this book. However, I’ve never actually been to Ireland, so this book makes me want to travel there and experience it for myself.
- Greece from Sophomore Year is Greek to Me by Meredith Zeitlin
I loved how much this book focused on the setting, culture, and family. Like with Love & Luck, I felt like I was actually there! Now, I need to actually travel there and experience it for myself.
- Italy from Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
Like with Love & Luck, Jenna Evans Welch did an amazing job describing the location and culture of Italy in this book. Her books always make me want to travel somewhere new!
- Genovia from The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
I absolutely loved The Princess Diaries when I was younger. I always wanted to visit Genovia!
What are some places in books that you would love to visit?
Follow me on…