Since it is the end of the year, I thought it would be the perfect time to finish the end of the year book tag. Here are my answers:
- Best book/series that you read in 2019
Every year, I hold my annual Brittany Awards where I select my favorite books of the year across several categories. To see my overall favorites, click the link here.
- Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the new year
One new-to-me author was Ashley Elston, who wrote 10 Blind Dates. I love romantic comedies and 10 Blind Dates was perfect to read around Christmas. If Ashley Elston releases another book, I would definitely be interested in reading it. See my review here.
- Most anticipated book turned movie?
I am excited for the sequel to All the Boys I’ve Loved Before! I thought they did such a great job with adapting the first book that I can’t wait to see what they do with the next book!
- What’s on your TBR for 2020? (Top 5 will suffice if its an extremely long list!)
Recently, I posted about 20 books that I hoped to read in 2020. For the full list, check out my post here. That being said, I am excited to read Instant Karma, a new contemporary by Marissa Meyer. I am a huge fan of the Lunar Chronicles, so I am excited to see what Marissa Meyer does in a different genre.
- How many books do you hope to read in 2020?
I hope to read 25 books! This is half of my 2019 goal, but I want to put less pressure on myself and also create time to try new activities.
- Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge (or any others)?
I always participate in the Goodreads challenge. I also tried (and won!) NaNoWriMo last year, so I hope to complete that challenge again.
- Any New Year’s Resolutions? (bookish and otherwise)!
This year, I want to finish the book that I am currently writing and start the first draft of another book.