Even though St. Patrick’s Day was yesterday, I thought it would still be the perfect time to do the Kiss Me, I’m Irish book tag. Here are my answers:
- Green: A Book With a Green Cover
The first book that I thought of with a green cover is My (Not So) Perfect Life. This green cover fits the story well because it sends the message that life isn’t always greener on the other side.
- Blarney: A Book that Deceived You into Liking It or It Was Over-Hyped and You Ended Up Disliking It
I decided to pick up The Unhoneymooners because the plot sounded interesting and it landed on a lot of favorite lists at the end of the year. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t wasn’t as enthralled with this book as other readers. I much preferred the latest release by this author duo, The Honey Don’t List, which I received an e-arc of via NetGalley. The Honey Don’t List will be released near the end of this month.
- Brogue (Dialect): A Book Where One of the Characters Has an Accent
Recently, I read Prince Charming by Rachel Hawkins which primarily takes place in Scotland. As a result, there are many Scottish accents. However, some readers may find the accents, as well as many aspects of the culture in this book, to be rather stereotypical and cartoonish than accurate.
- Leprechaun: A Book You Enjoyed When You Were Young
When I was younger, I was a huge fan of the Judy Moody series. I remember Judy’s Shark shirt and her little brother, Stink. Now that I’m older, it’s cool to see how the series has expanded with her brother having his own series. Additionally, I had the opportunity to do a unit on Judy Moody Declares Independence a few years ago during student teaching which was extremely exciting.
- Pot of Gold: A Book That Cost You a Lot or is of Great Value to You
One book that cost a lot more than I expected was A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. I wasn’t sure if I was going to read this book or wait to borrow it from the library. However, I was making a purchase from Barnes and Noble and decided to pre-order a book to make the free shipping mark. I got this book cheaper than it will be on release day, which is good because it will retail at almost thirty dollars which is a high hike from the original series.
- Four-Leaf Clover or Shamrock: Four Leaves = More Than One Book, Pick Your Current or Old Favorite Series
At the beginning of the year, I read Aurora Rising. I didn’t expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. However, I am excited to continue this series when the second book releases this year.
- Magic: A Book that You Found Magical or a Book Where You Enjoyed a Magic Element That Was Found in the Story Line
So far this year, I have strictly read contemporary aside from Aurora Rising, which is considered science fiction. As a result, none of m r3cent reads really contained any magic!
- Kiss: Your Current Favorite Book Pairing or Your All-Time Favorite Book Pairing
I have read a lot of romance books this year, so I have so many couples to choose from! One of my favorites would have to be Megan and Owen from Always, Never, Yours. I was glued to this book from start to finish and I really liked this couple together.
- Luck: A Book on Your Shelf That You Will Luckily Get To… Someday
I have had Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson on my TBR for YEARS. While I love books by this author, I am not a fan of sad books and I know this book will be really sad. Hopefully, I can finally get to this book in 2020.
- Jig: A Book That You Don’t Currently Own But If You Could Get a Hold of It, It Would Make You Dance With Joy
I would love to get a hold of The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang. I loved The Bride Test last year, so I would love to get an early copy of the next book in this companion series.
- Rainbow: That’s You! Lead Others to This “Pot of Gold Tag!”
I tag anyone who reads this post!
Follow me on…