On the twenty fourth day of Christmas, a book blogger gave to me… The Christmas Song Book Tag!
- “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you can’t help but love
He’s not necessarily a villain, but he is apart of an enemies-to-lovers couple which I love. Charlie from Book Lovers was one of my favorites enemies-to-lovers this year. I really loved his banter with Nora and they were one of my favorite couples of the year.
- “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book do you hope to see under your Christmas tree?
This book definitely isn’t coming on time for Christmas, but it is a book that I am excited to receive in 2023. Recently, I pre-ordered the Fairyloot edition of Crescent City which feature exclusive covers and artwork of the characters. I am am very excited to have these as a part of my collection!
- “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves
One character that overcomes obstacles is Fiona St. James, a former child actor from Birds of California by Katie Cotugno. Fiona’s experience in the industry caused her to dislike something which she loved so much. However, in the book, readers get to see Fiona discover her love of acting again, even if it isn’t on the screen.
- “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: Which character would be on the nice list and which character would be on the naughty list?
For this question, I am going to go with the book Well Traveled by Jen DeLuca. This book made one of my least favorite love interests ever to reappear, Daniel from Well Played. He would definitely be on the naughty list because he still hasn’t grown from the book where he first appeared in the series and still takes no accountability for the terrible actions he did in Well Played. I will give the character on the nice list to Dex, the main love interest of Well Traveled. Dex has a huge reputation as a conceited player, but readers get to see a different side of him in this story.
- “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book melts your heart?
One book that melted my heart this year Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood. This was the perfect cute, fun romance and I really enjoyed Bee and Levi as a couple. This book helped me get out of a reading slump in 2022 because I enjoyed reading it so much!
- “Feliz Navidid”: A book that takes place in a different country than your own
This isn’t a real place, but it is a place that I wish I could visit… Terrasen from Throne of Glass! After finishing Throne of Glass, I wish I could see what Terrasen has become since the end of the novel.
- “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread Christmas joy?
- “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional characters would you spend the holiday with?
One holiday themed book that I enjoyed this year was A Very Merry Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams. As a result, I would love to spend the holiday with Colton Wheeler from A Very Merry Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams. Colton loves Christmas and likes to share holiday experiences with the important people in his life. I love how much of a family the members of the Bromance Book Club are even though they aren’t related, so I think they would be a fun group to hang out with around the holidays.
- Baby It’s Cold Outside”: Which book that you didn’t like would you not mind sacrificing to a fire to keep yourself warm?
I don’t necessarily think this book should be thrown in a fire, but my lowest rated book of the year would have to be Mr. Wrong Number by Lynn Painter. I found the main character and plot to be extremely immature. I didn’t like how the main character making very ridiculous decisions was portrayed as humorous. I am not a fan of romances that read a lot younger, but seem to be aged up to include more intimate scenes, which this book unfortunately did.
- “Do You Hear What I Hear?”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
One book that I read this year which I would recommend to other people is Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez. I am a huge fan of her books, but I don’t see them talked about as much online.