Recently, I went to a local thrift store, Goodwill, Dollar Tree, and Half Price Books to find some books at a great cost. Here’s what I found:
- Thirteen by Lauren Myracle
I remember always wanting to read this series when I was younger, so I’m glad that I found one for such a low price!
- Dork Diaries #5: Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-it-All by Rachel Renee Russell
- Dork Diaries #6: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker by Rachel Renee Russel
While I have mixed feelings about this series, I’m definitely interested to see what trouble the main character finds herself in next.
- Mercy Wilson to the Rescue by Kate DiCamillo
I recently mentioned this book in the books that I’m bringing to college. I love how this early chapter book has cute, colorful, and fun illustrations.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket
I finally found the last Series of Unfortunate Events book! Over the summer, I thrifted every book in the series. Now, I just need to read then before the Netflix series comes out.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #4: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney
- Play, Louis, Play! The True Story of a Boy and His Horn by Muriel Harris Weinstein
I saw this book in my local Dollar Tree and thought this book looked interesting because it is a biography about Louis Armstrong written from the perspective of his horn!
- The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry
I’ve only read the first book in this series and I absolutely loved it! I’m glad I found a gorgeous silver and red edition that contains all the books so I can finish the series. (And it was only $5!)
- Getting to Know the World’s Greatest Artists by Mike Venezia
- Andy Warhol
- Pierre Auguste Renoir
- Pierre Bruegel
- Van Gogh
When I saw these books, I couldn’t remember which one I found in my $5 book bag haul. I picked up all of them just to make sure because these non-fiction books are adorable and explain artwork well to children.
- Goldilicious by Victoria Kann
I loved Pinkalicious, so I can’t wait to read this one, especially since I saw a unicorn when I flipped through the book.
- There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Clover by Lucille Colandro