Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! I hope you’re having a great day with friends and family. To celebrate Christmas tomorrow, I decided to complete The Joy of Christmas Book Tag. Here are my answers:
- Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
I love Kasie West’s books, so I’m extremely excited for Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss. I’m usually not very fond of books that involve acting, but I hope Kasie West can change my mind.
- Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but want to sing about?
I discovered Karole Cozzo’s books this year. How to Say I Love You Out Loud quickly became one of my favorite contemporaries of the year. Karole Kozzo is a school psychologist. Since this book revolves around a girl who has a brother with autism within a school setting, her knowledge is extremely apparent. As a special education teacher, it was incredible to see a character with a disability written so well and to see the special education process so accurately represented.
- Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
I love the world in Ace of Shades and can’t wait to explore it more in the sequel. I love the Las Vegas-type feel and think it was presented in an interesting way in the first book of this series.
- A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
I tried reading Anne of Green Gables before, but never quite finished it. I especially love the cover of this edition. I really want to read this book because I apparently have the same personality type as Anne.
- Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
I had the first book in this series on my wish list last year and the sequel is on my list for this year. I haven’t heard too much about this book, so I have no idea what to expect when I finally read it.
- Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
I read this book recently after it appeared as a Kindle deal. I was pleasantly surprised with how fun this book was to read, especially right before Christmas. This book reads like a cute Netflix movie, so it’s the perfect Christmas read!
- Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
I love vintage-y type book covers and these definitely have that feel for me. These were two of my favorite book covers of the year because they are so cute and fun!
- Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas and/or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
This year, my sister and I decided to pick up Disney princess sock advent calendars. I’ve never done an advent calendar in the past, but it has been so much fun to have a surprise gift the past few days, I will have to do it again in the future.